Deze pagina is verplaatst. U wordt doorgestuurd.
- Functie universitair hoofddocent, Director of the International Business Law Degree Programme
Erik Denters obtained his law degree from the University of Amsterdam (1983) and holds a PhD from the VU University Amsterdam (1993). He has been a consultant for the United Nations, visiting researcher at the IMF and is involved in investment projects in Asia. He is author of Law and Policy of IMF Conditionality (Kluwer, 1996) and editor of various volumes on international law and development. He has taught International Trade and Investment Law at various universities in China, South Africa, Turkey and the Netherlands. He has been Director of the International Business Law Degree Programme from 2000 to 2013.
Onderwijsactiviteiten / educational activities
International Trade and Investment Law
Public International Law
International Environmental Law
International Law Seminars
Onderzoeksactiviteiten / research activities
Erik Denters Neemt deel aan het facultaire onderzoeksprogramma Publieke en private belangen in het financieel en ondernemingsrecht.
Research focuses on the interaction between three areas of international economic globalization: trade, investment and the monetary system. While each area may be treated individually, there is a need to consider the interdependency. A key question is: how may trade and investment relations be affected by changes in the international monetary system. In addition, regional monetary arrangements such as the EMU profoundly affect trade and investment relations inside and outside the European Union.
International Monetary System, Trade and Investment Relationships
- Denters, H.M.G. & Viterbo, A. (2015). International Monetary Fund (International Encyclopaedia of Laws). The Hague: Wolters Kluwer.
- Denters, H.M.G. (2011). Global Financial Architecture and the Insurance Sector. In Patrick Liedtke & Jan Monkiewicz (Eds.), The Future of Insurance Regulation and Supervision (pp. 41-61). Basingstoke: Palgrave MacMillan
- Denters, H.M.G. & Ciobanasu, I.C. (2008). Manipulation of the Chinese Yuan - May WTO Members Respond? In Vol. 9. Griffin's View on International and Comparative law (pp. 55-70).
- Denters, H.M.G. (1996). Law and policy of IMF Conditionality, The Hague/ London/ Boston: Kluwer Law International. (306 p.)
Alle VU-publicaties, via Metis
Postadres / postal address
Vrije Universiteit Amsterdam
Faculteit der Rechtsgeleerdheid
De Boelelaan 1105
1081 HV Amsterdam