October 19th, 2017 - Kickoff seminar VU Nexus Centre
On 19 October 2017, we will celebrate the launch of the VU Nexus Centre for multinational taxation with a seminar on the impact of BEPS on tax treaties, especially the Multilateral Instrument (MLI) and the 2017 update to the OECD Model. You are kindly invited to join the seminar.
- What: Impact of BEPS on tax treaties (MLI and 2017 update OECD Model)
- When: 19 October 2017, 13.30-18.00 (followed by drinks reception)
- Where: Symphony Offices, Gustav Mahlerplein 3, Amsterdam (directions)
Speakers include: prof. G. Maisto (Università Cattolica di Piacenza; Maisto e Associati), prof. A. Rust (WU Vienna), M.C. de Graaf (Dutch tax authorities, VU Nexus Centre), prof. F.P.G. Pötgens (VU Nexus Centre; De Brauw Blackstone Westbroek), prof. J.W. Bellingwout (VU Nexus Centre; KPMG Meijburg & Co), dr. R.A. Bosman (VU Nexus Centre; Loyens & Loeff).
About the seminar
The (English language) seminar will focus on the following themes:
- MLI implementation: current state of play
- Impact of the 2017 update to the OECD Model
- Anti-hybrid mismatch rules
- Anti-abuse measures
- Dual resident entities
- Avoidance of PE status
A detailed programme will follow soon.
The seminar is aimed at a broad audience of academics, tax practitioners (both in the public and private sector), government officials, national and international tax policy makers, and students.
The participation fee is € 100. University students can attend free of charge.
Register online for the VU Nexus Kickoff Seminar now!