Kickoff seminar VU Nexus Centre | Impact of BEPS on tax treaties (19 October 2017)
On 19 October 2017, we celebrated the launch of the VU Nexus Centre for multinational taxation with a seminar on the impact of BEPS on tax treaties, especially the Multilateral Instrument (MLI) and the 2017 update to the OECD Model. You are kindly invited to join the seminar.
- What: Impact of BEPS on tax treaties (MLI and 2017 update OECD Model)
- When: 19 October 2017, 13.30-18.00 (followed by drinks reception). Registration as of 13.00.
- Where: Symphony Offices, Gustav Mahlerplein 3, Amsterdam (directions)
The (English language) seminar will focus on the following themes:
- MLI implementation: current state of play - M. Evers, LLM (OECD)
- Anti-hybrid mismatch rules - M. C. de Graaf, LLM (Dutch tax authorities, VU Nexus Centre)
- Dual resident entities - prof. G. Maisto (Università Cattolica di Piacenza; Maisto e Associati)
- Anti-abuse measures - prof. A. Rust (WU Vienna)
- Avoidance of PE status and 2017 update OECD Model – prof. A.A. Skaar (University of Oslo)
Other speakers: prof. J.W. Bellingwout (VU Nexus Centre; KPMG Meijburg & Co); prof. F.P.G. Pötgens (VU Nexus Centre; De Brauw Blackstone Westbroek), dr. R.A. Bosman (VU Nexus Centre; Loyens & Loeff)
The seminar is aimed at a broad audience of academics, tax practitioners (both in the public and private sector), government officials, national and international tax policy makers, and students.
Click here to register. The participation fee is €100. University students can attend free of charge.
This seminar is eligible for 4 NOB points.
Register online for the VU Nexus Kickoff Seminar now!