The Kooijmans Institute for Law and Governance has founded a Fellowship programme to enable scholars to work at the Faculty of Law in collaboration with one of the seven research programmes. Per year, three Fellowships of €1000 are available for the department that hosts the fellow.
Kooijmans fellows will be invited to share their research through public lectures and publications.
Fellowship applications will be reviewed by the Director of Research, prof. Edward Kleemans, and the research policy officer, Anniek van der Schuijt.
The closing date for applying for the Kooijmans Fellowship is 1 March 2019.
Applications for a Kooijmans Fellowship have to comply with the following conditions:
- Fellows are expected to conduct their research at the Faculty of Law of the Vrije Universiteit Amsterdam during the period of the Fellowship.
- There is substantial cooperation between the fellow and one of the research programmes.
- An invitation to take up a Fellowship will be made subject to agreement on the dates of the visit.
- All Fellowships are to be started and completed during the period 1 April 2019 to 31 December 2019, except when a special agreement is made.
- The Fellowship is a contribution towards the costs of travel, living and research of the fellow. The fellow and the hosting department must make an agreement about the expenses in advance. The fellow is expected to cover the difference between the actual costs of the visit and the amount of the Fellowship. Sometimes the hosting department can assist in finding additional funds to cover the fellow’s expenses.
- It is the fellow's responsibility to find accommodation for living (with the support of the Housing Department of the University). Applicants should be aware that accommodation in Amsterdam is expensive and can be difficult to find.
- Applicants are reminded that if they require a visa in order to start a Fellowship in the Netherlands, they must secure the appropriate visa and, once a proposal has been accepted, awarding of the Fellowship will be on the condition of fulfilling this requirement.
Applications must include:
- A completed application form stating personal details, the title of the proposed research project, and the names of two academic referees of the Faculty of Law of the Vrije Universiteit Amsterdam;
- A proposal for research to be carried out at the Faculty of Law during the term of the Fellowship (max. 1,000 words). Applicants should indicate how they will cooperate with the relevant research programme;
- Proposed start and end dates of the proposed research;
- A curriculum vitae;
- A list of relevant publications;
Fellows who have previously received a fellowship from the Kooijmans Institute for Law and Governance, cannot obtain this grant a second time.