This page has been moved. You are being redirected.
- Assistant Professor
Researcher Vrije Universiteit Amsterdam
Author Groene serie Kluwer
Lawyer Houthoff Buruma
Contract law, postacademic education
Sjoerd Bakker completed his legal studies in Leiden. His Phd on reasonableness and fairness as a norm of conduct was written at the VU University. After a period of advising, litigation and research relating to commercial contract law, corporate law, and liability law, Sjoerd became a university tutor at the Faculty of Law, Private-Law Department of the VU University. He holds his current position at the VU since January 2013.
Contract law, law of obligations
- Unforeseen circumstances: the current state of affairs (with J.W. de Groot), WPNR 2 May 2009/6797, p. 369-377.
- The exceptional duty of care when terminating credit agreements – have the seven fat years of Rabobank/Aarding passed? (with D. Haas), Maandblad voor Vermogensrecht 2010/11, p. 293-299.
- Limits to the banking sector duty of care with respect to third parties (with A. Knigge), Tijdschrift voor Compliance 2011, no. 1/2, p. 53-59.
- Remedies for insufficiently informed shareholders (with J.W. de Groot), Geschriften vanwege de Vereniging Corporate Litigation 2010/2011, Deventer: Kluwer 2011, p. 251-263.
- Interpretation of commercial contracts (I and II), WPNR 2011/6890, p. 477-485 and WPNR 2011/6891, p. 502-511.
- Dissertation: "Reasonableness and fairness as a norm of conduct", Deventer: Kluwer 2012.
VU University Amsterdam
Faculty of Law
De Boelelaan 1105
1081 HV Amsterdam