This page has been moved. You are being redirected.
- +31 20 59 83309
- faculteit der rechtsgeleerdheid/faculty of law ( privaatrecht )
- associate professor
Rik Mellenbergh is employed at VU University Amsterdam, Private Law Department, as of 1 March 2008, first as an assistant professor and as of 1 May 2015 as an associate professor. He is director of the International Business Law Master Programme (IBL) of the Law School of VU University Amsterdam as of 1 September 2013. Previously, he was employed as a lawyer and as a PhD researcher at the University of Amsterdam (UvA).
He focuses his research on company law, financial law, property law, contract law and (environmental) liability law. He publishes articles in national and international law journals regularly. He is the author of a study book related to financing of corporate acquisitions (in Dutch), which was published in November 2014 (Ars Aequi Libri).
He defended his PhD thesis with respect to Corporate Mergers & Acquisitions and environmental law in 2009 (published by Kluwer, Law & Practice Series, No. 170, 2009 (in Dutch)). In connection to his PhD research, Rik received grants of both Fulbright and the Netherlands Organization for Scientific Research (NWO) in relation to his stays as a visiting researcher at the NYU School of Law, the UC Berkeley School of Law, and the University of Pennsylvania School of Law (2006 – 2007).
He studied law at the University of Amsterdam and was an exchange student at Tulane Law School (New Orleans, USA).
- Director of the IBL
- Lecturer of the course Property Law (Bachelor year 1)
- Lecturer/coordinator of the course Property Law (Bachelor year 2)
- Lecturer/coordinator of the course Corporate Finance & Securities Law, Master Company Law (Zuidas Master)
- Lecturer/coordinator of the course International Contract Law (IBL)
- Lecturer of the course Property & Insolvency Law (Master Private Law)
- Coordinator of the master thesis of the Master Company Law (Zuidas Master)
Rik publishes articles in relation to company law, financial law, property law, contract law and (environmental) liability law regularly. His research and articles focus on, amongst others, liability of directors of companies, corporate mergers & acquisitions, financing of transactions, and (environmental) liability law.
Company law, financial law, property law, contract law, (environmental) liability law
- R. Mellenbergh, Krediet financiering van bedrijfsovernames (in Dutch) (Financing of corporate acquisitions), Nijmegen: Ars Aequi Libri, 2014, first edition, pp. 314
- R. Mellenbergh, ‘MiFID II: New Governance Rules in Relation to Investment Companies’, European Company Law 2014/3, pp. 172 – 177
- R. Mellenbergh & G.T.M.J. Raaijmakers (editors), European Regulation of Company and Securities Law 2013/2014, Ars Aequi Wetseditie, Nijmegen: Ars Aequi Libri, 2013, third edition, pp. 1454
- R. Mellenbergh, ‘Introducing Transaction Triggered Environmental Acts in Europe’, Oxford Journal of Environmental Law 2012, 24(1), pp. 23 – 42
- R. Mellenbergh, ‘Connecting environmental law and corporate transactions to each other: transaction triggered environmental acts’, Journal for European Environmental & Planning Law 2010/4, pp. 437 – 450
- R. Mellenbergh, Bedrijfsovername en milieurecht (in Dutch) (PhD thesis: Corporate Mergers & Acquisitions and environmental law), Deventer: Kluwer, Law & Practice Series, No. 170, 2009, pp. 702 (PhD University of Amsterdam)
All VU University Amsterdam-publications, via Metis.
List of all publications.
VU University Amsterdam
Faculty of Law
De Boelelaan 1105
1081 HV Amsterdam