This page has been moved. You are being redirected.
- Professor of family law
Graduated in law at Moscow State Law Academy and at University of Amsterdam. Awarded a PhD in 1988. Form 1989 till 1998 taught civil and family law at Moscow State Law Academy. In 1993-1995 member of the drafting team of the New Russian Family Code. From 1998 until 2005: KNAW-senior research fellow at the Molengraaff Institute of Private Law, University of Utrecht. Since 2005 - professor of family law at the VU University Amsterdam. Since 2009 head of the Department of Private Law. In 2011 initiated the Amsterdam Centre for Family Law (ACFL). Member of the Commission on European Family Law and of the Executive Council of the International Society of Family Law.
Family law (3 undergraduate)
Divorce and thereafter (master)
Comparative Law (2 undergraduate r)
Comparative Law (Amsterdam University College)
Amsterdam Centre for Family Law (ACFL)
Dutch, European and comparative family law
Harmonisation of private law in Europe
Interdisciplinary research in the field of family law
- Harmonisation of Family Law in Europe: A Historical Perspective. A Tale of Two Millennia, Intersentia, Antwerpen, 2006, 564 p.
- ‘Convergence of Divorce Law in Europe’, Child and Family Law Quarterly, Vol 18, no 3, 2006, p. 307-330.
- Nederlands echtscheidingsrecht en the CEFL Principles on Divorce: Welke is ‘the Better Law?’, Inaugurele rede op 31 september 2006 te VU, Amsterdam, VU, 2006, 21 p.
- ‘Salomo’s oordeel nieuwe stijl: verblijfsco-ouderschap in België en Nederland’, 3 Tijdschrift voor Privaatrecht, 2010, p. 1179-1243.
- ‘Economic Consequences of Informal Heterosexual Cohabitation From A Comparative Perspective: Respect Parties’ Autonomy or Protection of the Weaker Party?’ in: A. Verbeke (ed.) Liber Amicorum Walter Pintens, Intersentia, Antwerp, 2012