This page has been moved. You are being redirected.
- Associate professor
Anne-Marie Slotboom graduated from Leiden University after finishing a master in developmental psychology. She finished her PhD on a large scale cross-cultural study of childhood precursors of adult personality structure. Between 2001 and 2004 she worked as a researcher at the NSCR, where she studied the effects of interventions on persistent offenders and the implementation of formal and informal interventions in secondary schools. As an associate professor at the department of criminal justice and criminology, she is primarily involved in research and teaching in the field of developmental and life course criminology. Her studies primarily focus on female crime.
Life course criminology
Girls, Women and Crime
Teaching research skills
Anne-Marie Slotboom conducts research in the programme Empirical and Normative Studies.
The research includes several projects aimed at female delinquency. In collaboration with forensic psychiatric clinic De Waag she studies the risk factors of boys and girls treated at De Waag. In cooperation with the NSCR several projects are conducted in the field of women prisoners, the 'desistance' process in women and intimate partner violence.
Life course of imprisoned women, developmental pathways of female delinquency, interventions, intimate partner violence
- Slotboom, A., Wong, T., Swier, C. & Broek, van der, T. (2011). Delinquente meisjes: Achtergronden, risicofactoren en interventies. Den Haag, Boom Juridische uitgeverij.
- Slotboom, A., Hendriks, J. & Verbruggen, J. (2011). Contrasting adolescent female and male sexual aggression: a self report study on prevalence and predictors for sexual aggression. Journal of Sexual Aggression, 17 (1), 15-33.
- Slotboom, A., Kruttschnitt, C., Bijleveld, C.C.J.H. & Menting, B. (2011). Psychological wellbeing of Dutch incarcerated women: importation or deprivation? Punishment and Society, 13(2), 176-197.
- Kruttschnitt, C., Slotboom, A., Dirkzwager, A. The Relevance of Cultural Context in the Penal Paradigm. Justice Quarterly,1-26.
- Wong, T.M.L., Slotboom, A. & Bijleveld, C.C.J.H. (2010). Risk factors for delinquency in adolescent and young adult females: A European review. European Journal of Criminology, 7, 266-284.
All VU-university publications, via Metis.
VU University Amsterdam
Faculteit of Law
De Boelelaan 1105
1081 HV Amsterdam