This page has been moved. You are being redirected.
- +31 20 59 86235
- faculteit der rechtsgeleerdheid/faculty of law ( strafrecht )
- associate professor
Klaas Rozemond studied law and philosophy at the University of Amsterdam. In 1990 he started as an assistant professor in criminal law at the VU University of Amsterdam. In 1998 he received his PhD at the VU University of Amsterdam on a Dworkinian analysis of Dutch criminal procedural law jurisprudence. In 2000 he was appointed as associate professor at the VU University. He is a substitute judge at the Court of Amsterdam. He also writes books on philosophy. His book Filosofie voor de zwijnen (Philosophy for swine) was put on the shortlist of the Socrates Award for best Dutch philosophy book of 2004.
Substantive Criminal Law
Dilemma’s in Substantive Law
International and European Criminal Law
Criminal Law Theory
Klaas Rozemond participates in the research programme Empirical and Normative Studies of Criminal Behaviour and Criminal Law Enforcement. Currently he is doing research on the relation between criminal responsibility and moral culpability. The starting point of this research is the Eichmann Trial and the legal, criminological and legal literature on the banality of evil.
Substantive criminal law, European criminal law (European arrest warrant), criminal law theory.
- Strafvorderlijke rechtsvinding (dissertatie VU Amsterdam), Deventer: Gouda Quint 1998
- De methode van het materiële strafrecht, tweede druk, Nijmegen: Ars Aequi Libri 2011
- Beccaria's Dream on Criminal Law and Nodal Governance, in J. Blad, P. van Calster, M. Hildebrandt, M. Schuilenburg en K. Rozemond (red), Governing Security under the Rule of Law, The Hague: Eleven International Publishing 2010, p. 37-51.
- Euthanasie en dementie: het actuele verlangen en het reële alternatief, Nederlands Juristenblad 2012, nr. 5, p. 314-319
- De complexiteit van het kwaad. Een kritische lezing van Hannah Arendts Eichmann in Jerusalem, The Netherlands Journal of Legal Philosophy 2012, nr. 1, p. 63-82
VU University Amsterdam
Faculty of Law
De Boelelaan 1105
1081 HV Amsterdam