This page has been moved. You are being redirected.
- +31 20 59 86224
- faculteit der rechtsgeleerdheid/faculty of law ( criminologie )
- assistant professor
Frank van Gemert studied Cultural Anthropology in Amsterdam. After his study he was employed by the University of Amsterdam, the Ministry of Justice (WODC) and the Erasmus University in Rotterdam. In 1998 he wrote his dissertation based on ethnographic research on crime of Moroccan boys. Afterwards he worked at Regioplan, a company for policy research. Since 2002 Frank is employed at the department of criminology at VU University. He is member of the steering group of Eurogang, an international network for comparative research on gangs.
Cultural Criminology; Qualitative methods and techniques of criminological research I and II.
Frank van Gemert conducts research within the research programme Empirical and Normative Studies.
Research on gangs, squatting, drug dealing, and research on and using the form of biographies/Life histories.
Cultural Criminology, Gangs, Biography/life histories, Squatters, Dealers.
- Gemert, F. van (1998) Ieder voor zich; Kansen, cultuur en criminaliteit van Marokkaanse jongens. Amsterdam: Het Spinhuis (dissertatie).
- Gemert, F. van, D. Peterson & I.-L. Lien (eds.) (2008) Street Gangs, Migration and Ethnicity. Cullompton: Willan.
- Decker, S., F. van Gemert & D.C. Pyrooz (2009) Gangs, Immigration and Crime; The changing landscape in Europe and the United States. Journal of International Migration and Integration (published online 15 October 2009).
- Gemert, F. van (2011) Van prison gang tot tbs; Biografie van een gewelddadig man. Meppel: JustPublishers.
- Gemert, F. van, D. Dadusc & R. Visser (2012) Kerend tij; Criminalisering van de kraakbeweging. Tijdschrift voor Criminologie 54(3) (accepted)
VU University Amsterdam-publications, via Metis
VU University Amsterdam
Faculteit of Law
De Boelelaan 1105
1081 HV Amsterdam