This page has been moved. You are being redirected.
- +31 20 59 86272
- faculteit der rechtsgeleerdheid/faculty of law ( staats- en bestuursrecht )
- Professor of European asylum law, Member faculty board
Hemme Battjes works since 2000 at Vrije Universiteit Amsterdam, until 2010 as assistant professor, since as professor in the constitutional and administrative law department, section migration law. Since 2015 he is a member of the faculty board.
Master specialization International Migration and Refugee Law
Minor human rights and migration
Hemme Battjes conducts research in the programme Migration Law. It addresses European, international and Dutch asylum and migration law and human rights.
Asylum law, migration law, human rights law
- Subsidiary protection and other alternative forms of protection. In V. Chetail & C. Bauloz (Eds.), Research Handbook on International Law and Migration (pp. 541-561). Edward Elgar Publishing 2014
- The development of the notion of protection in asylum law (2012). Amsterdam: VU (inaugural lecture)
- In search for a fair balance. The absolute character of the prohibition of refoulement under Article 3 ECHR. Leiden Journal of International law, 22 (2009) (3), 583-621
- European Asylum Law and International Law (Immigration and Asylum Law and Practice in Europe, 8). Leiden/Boston 2006: Martinus Nijhoff Publishers (diss.)
VU University Amsterdam-publications
VU University Amsterdam
Faculteit of Law
De Boelelaan 1105
1081 HV Amsterdam